I am designing a system where users log in to see data and can update add
and delete the data.  What I was wondering is whether or not it is possible
to tell which user id has edited the database.  For instance, is it possible
for a user to access the database according to his/her user id and password
rather than using the default user id and password given by the coldfusion
server.  Or is it possible to write directly to the logs on the database
itself with the user name and password of the user who has done the update
etc.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Mark Jones