I've changed part of the checking to the query, not cfif's, but I am still getting the
same wrong
results. I could really use some help if someone can,  or at least a nudge in the
right direction.

***********<!--- Get the list of subscribers who wich to be notified. --->
<CFQUERY NAME="notify_list" DATASOURCE="kane">
SELECT      *
FROM         notify

Where
0=0
AND
#form.bed# >= des_bed
AND
#form.bath# >= des_bath
AND
#form.garage# >= des_garage
AND
#form.price# >= gt_price
AND
#form.price# <= lt_price
AND
#form.sq_ft# >= des_sq_ft

ORDER BY  date_subscribed
</CFQUERY>

<!--- Loop through the subscribers --->
<cfloop QUERY="notify_list">

<!--- Check the desires of the subscriber against the actual values of the property.
--->
<cfif
notify_list.des_city CONTAINS form.city
AND
form.display eq 1
AND
form.status eq "for sale"

<!--- Send email if the cfif evaluates true <cfmail block will go here when it's
working right. --->

Send email to <cfoutput query="notify_list">#notify_list.first_name#
#notify_list.last_name#</cfoutput><br>

<cfelse>

<!--- Don't send email if cfif evaluates to false. cfelse is only here for testing
now. --->

Don't send email <cfoutput query="notify_list">#notify_list.first_name#
#notify_list.last_name#</cfoutput><br>

</cfif>

</cfloop>

Thanks!