Faster for variable assignment but slower when looping so I am led to
believe.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brandon Whitaker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 29 March 2000 16:30
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: CFSCRIPT

>Is CFSCRIPT faster than regular coldfusion coding or is it just easier to
>write so you can get something done faster?

Yes. :)

I can't remember exactly where I saw the article (I could've sworn it was in
Fusion Authority WNA somewhere, but I couldn't find it this morning), but if
I recall correctly, CFScript was faster from a performance standpoint if you
were evaluating more than one or two variables in a row using the CFSet
method:
<cfSet fred='barney'>
<cfSet foo='bar'>
<cfSet gargle='blaster'>
... was said to be slower than:
<cfScript>
  foo='bar';
  fred='barney';
  gargle='blaster'
</cfScript>

...and so on and so forth.  I use it for as much procedural code as I can;
it's got all the looping functions, case/switch functionality, and (to the
eye of this long-time Perl junkie), it's a lot cleaner. :)

HTH. HAND.

Brandon Whitaker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
-------
"It'll get used by the same people using Opera.  People dressed in black
wearing berets."
- Dave Watts, on Mozilla
"The net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it."
- John Gilmore

the body.