This article contains a very misleading error.

"The Buyers' Guide explains that it's relatively easy to wave goodbye to
one registrar and transfer your domain name to another."

Apparently, no one attempted to verify this with an actual transfer. I have
been attempting to transfer a domain name from Bulkregister to Network
Solutions for over 2 months. At this point the problem has been with
Network Solutions. They have admitted that they do not, yet, have the
mechanism in place to handle these kinds of transfers.

The domain name problem doesn't stop there. The reason for initiating this
transfer in the first place was inadequacies in  Bulkregister's
capabilities. After I obtained a domain name that was registered with
Bulkregister I could not make any changes. Only the original Registrant
could, i.e., they didn't have a simple mechanism in place to allow a change
in Registrants.

One has to wonder if - the authors interpretation of the court ruling was
in fact verified by competent attorneys.

And, yes these same comments are being sent to the author and mag.

Nick