You can parse the selections in JavaScript, just as you would in CF.

You can't really "lock out" other selections... just detect that they
happened and take some action:

    ignore them
    alert

If you have selection options that are interdependent, you may be
better served by using something like two selects related from the
tag gallery

HTH

Dick