A current client wants (against my recommendation) to store credit card details so as
to enable future purchases of customers to be more automated (a subscription based
system).  Obviously this needs to be done in as secure a manner as possible.  I just
wondered if anybody could give me some pointers to proven ways of doing this in CF.

  My thoughts would be to use some public key encryption system to encrypt the
sensitive data and then have the administrator supply the private key to the CF
application for the limited time that the data needs to be worked with (perhaps on a
per-access basis), I am advantaged by the fact that this will be on a local server to
the client and so the private key could be stored on some removeable media (i.e disk)
physically locked away from prying eyes and only inserted into the server drive at the
appropriate time.  Is there some way to employ strong public key encryption from
within CF ?

  Better ideas ?

Thanks...
James Sleeman