Check out the 3rd entry:
http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=programmer

I'm not from a "programming background", and ironically, neither are my
clients.  So as far as I'm concerned, I'm whatever my client is looking for.
Who cares what title I have, as long as I can meet the requirements of my
customers.  Most don't even ask (or care) what "programming language" I use.
They just want pretty buttons :)