De : S. Isaac Dealey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Envoyé : vendredi 20 septembre 2002 19:47
À : CF-Talk
Objet : Re: OT: sub-folder domain hosting

> First whatever.mydomain.com is a subdomain. whatever being the sub of
> mydomain.com. subdomain.com would be another doamin all together.
>
> Second most hosts will charge you for additional domains even if they
> share
> the same server HD space (ex: mydomain/mysubdomain ). The reason is the
> ISP
> must maintain additional DNS (domain name service) records (an addition
> file to maintain in most cases) for the addition domains. Sub-domains are
> just added to the "main" domain as addition lines in the "main" DNS
> record.
>
> Bottom line is if you want addition domains pointed to the same server
> space you will have to pay for it.

I read somewhere about a catch-all sub-domain, so I asked my current hosting
provider for *.turnkey.to ... which allows me to run any subdomains I like
without adding dns records, as long as they all point to the same root
directory.

hth

S. Isaac Dealey
Certified Advanced ColdFusion 5 Developer

www.turnkey.to
954-776-0046