> Did you have a beta installed at some stage?  Check the registry for
the
> keys which start the services and verify they are pointing to the
correct
> folder for the CF services.

It was a *completely* fresh install of everything, starting with wiping
the partition and reformatting with NTFS. After having installed Windows
2000 Professional, I installed IIS, then CFMX.

Thanks for the reply, Neil. Can you read the following (taken from the
original post) - I think it's the most likely reason for the problem:

--
Aidan Whitehall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Macromedia ColdFusion Developer