> If all you are doing is presenting data to the user with no interaction,
> then there is not much advantage to using Flash. However, if the users
> interacts with that data in any way, then there are advantages. Namely,
> the fact that the entire page will not need to be refreshed to update
> the data view (or to submit data, etc).

Depending on the browser, it doesn't need to refresh the entire page now --
and espcially less so with the advance of a standard DOM from the w3c ...
Admittedly, there's less issue with browser inconsistency with Flash --
well, now that NS 7 supports MX anyway.

> btw, as far as time and costs, in a lot of cases i think the developing
> in Flash is easier / faster than in HTML since I don't have to write a
> bunch of code that maintains client state across page views.

Until the user hits their f5 key.

S. Isaac Dealey
Certified Advanced ColdFusion 5 Developer

www.turnkey.to
954-776-0046