From: Mark Leder [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 1:30 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Duplicate UserNames / Passwords logging into a site

Hi All,
I need some ideas on the best approach to the following:

I have a subscription based site, where everyone has their own user name
and password (I keep duplicates from being entered in the database).
However, the problem is with sharing of usernames and passwords.  Say
for example I log in as UID = "mark" and PWD = "12345", while I'm in
using the site, someone else can use this same user name and password to
log in and use the site illegally.

The ideal situation would be if I were logged in, then a second person
tries to use my UID and PWD, the second person is denied access, and the
first person is booted out and given a warning screen that they account
may be deactivated because of abuse.

I use session management on this site, but have not implemented cookies.

What would be a good way to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Mark