> From: Benjamin S. Rogers [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> A way to minimize the problem would be for New Atlanta to use a
> different namespace (so to speak) for their tags. I'm not talking
> something as complicated as XML namespaces, but simply using a different
> naming scheme, such as <bdforward>. Ostensibly, ColdFusion would ignore
> these tags when validating/processing a page so their presence in the
> page would not immediately generate an error.

While you're correct that this would get around any sort of tag/function
naming conflicts, it goes against what I understand of the intent for BD,
namely compatibility with the accepted CFML language.  The alternate naming
scheme would not do anything about splitting the core CFML language among
competing products.

--
Mosh Teitelbaum
evoch, LLC