Andy .. using the ORDER BY event_no works, but can you help me
understand why that eliminates the duplicates?

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Ewings [mailto:andy.e@;thoughtbubble.net]
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 11:56 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: apologies...query display balled up

I don't think this will do it as the distinct operator works on ALL of
the
columns combined in the select clause and in this case each is unique so
you
will still get the same data back.

What you need is to run the same query as you have but with an order by
like
so...

SELECT  *
FROM  events e, category c
where e.category=c.cat_no or e.category2=c.cat_no
ORDER BY event_no

then continue using the group by in the cfoutput as you have.....