-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:Douglas.Knudsen@;alltel.com]
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2002 2:50 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Source Safe???

Ok, what is your advice for where to store the project files?

I want to develop all code remotely in a centralised folder.  So, I see
my team using a mutual share on the dev box where the project will be
stored and a share for the VSS DB.  (I'm still learning this schtuff
too)

Now, the issue I see in simple tests is the sharing of the apf file.  If
I add a new file to the project other users don't see it until I save
the project, something I would forget to do for hours on end for sure.

Or, perhaps the way to use this is to setup dev environments on each dev
work station?

looking for some advice here.  Thanks!

Doug

>----------

Douglas,

You have a couple of options:

1) Add the CF project file to VSS.  There's an option to do this if you
right-click on the project in CF Studio.  The advantage of this is that
developers can share and merge the project file. The disadvantage is
that VSS does NOT make it easy for two developers to work on the same
file.

2) Set up a seperate dev environment for each developer. Let each
developer manage their own project, and use VSS as a central file
repository.  This has worked quite well for me in the past.

Mike Wolfe
[EMAIL PROTECTED]