I was part of a team that wrote something to this effect. If used cfpop to
query a specific account for mail. Keywords within the subject header would
automatically create an incident in our incident tracking system and allow
assignement to a developer.

It isn't specifically difficult. Your major task is the incident management
system...That is very dependent on your business working processes.

Adam