Yeah, that's what I'm using, but i'm really looking for a way to store the
whole search and replace operation in a single place for easy reuse.  It's
actually two related S&Rs that convert some stuff to a different format, and
then convert it back (for turning on/off extra debugging information).
Right now I have the REs and replacment strings saved in a file and copy and
paste them into the CFS extended S&R dialog when I want to use them, but
that's a pain in the ass, as you might imagine.

If I could just save a search and replace setup, that'd work too, but I
haven't found any way to do that.  Plus, it'd be nice to be able to do
non-S&R operations (like computing a line count or something) with the same
tool, just plug in a different action and keep the recursive parse the same.

cheers,
barneyb