> Yes. I use includes for everything. Also, at some point in the future,
> users will be able to log in, and I was going to just use CF to run
> everything: the includes and the sessions.
>
> If I'm ignorant of something important, then *please* tell me. I'm very
> new to administering the CF server and IIS.

As a matter of personal preference, I've never quite seen the benefit of
re-mapping .html extensions to run through the CF engine. This means that
every time you call a .cfm or .html page, you will be sending the code
through the CF parsing engine as well. For .cfm pages, that's obviously what
you want. But why incur the overhead for strictly static pages?

I'm sure there are valid reasons people have for re-mapping .html files, but
I wouldn't advocate it as a "good" general practice. Some argue that it's
important to "hide" what technology they're using for security reasons.
Personally, if someone were so intent on trying to hack your site,
re-mapping extensions is not what I would consider to be an effective
solution. Is it such a hassle to either have separate .html and .cfm pages?
Better yet, if you're just going to map .html pages to the CF engine, why
not just make all your pages .cfm files? That approach would accomplish what
you would, in effect, be doing with the re-mapping. If you've inherited a
site with lots of .html files, why not just write a script to convert them
to .cfm files?

Again, you may have your reasons for wanting to re-map the extensions. But
have you considered all possible solutions before trying this one?

Regards,
Dave.