You don't stop the data entering the database, you add a column to the db
table called status.

This determines what pages are visible, which ones are pending, and possibly
which ones are deleted but I would hard delete these on reject unless people
want to be able to contest the rejection.

The code is releatively simple and any CF book will give you examples of
what to do.