Ok..   lets say that I have a HTML form with field names from the database..

Like..      ShoppingItem_ItemCode

Or a better example..   :   'ShoppingItem_' & database.itemcode

so..    as people add items to their shopping cart..   this list gets
longer..
<input type="text" name="ShoppingItem_Gyro" value="1">
<input type="text" name="ShoppingItem_GarbageCan" value="3">

This works all good and well in the recalculate quantity processor by
getting the second element in the list with delimeter, _ to know what
product is in the cart and evaluating the full variable to know the new
quantity..      and using the string 'ShoppingItem_' to distinguish a field
containing the items quantity  in the fieldnames variable(skip all of the
rest).

The problem occurs when someone makes a item with a '-' in the product
code..

Ex:  someone makes a product with the code; goober-pokerman
        The form field looks like this;
        <input type="text" name="ShoppingItem_goober-pokerman">

But when the processor goes to evaluate the form field..  for the quantity..
it looks like this,  (evaluate(field)) which translates to
(evaluate(ShoppingItem_goober-pokerman))..   and Coldfusion treats it as a
math equation..
(ShoppingItem_goober - pokerman) = Error:  ShoppingItem_goober(missing
'-pokerman') is undefined.   I tried using the DE function and it returns
the fieldname instead of the value of the fieldname

Any Ideas on how to get around this Dynamic Evaluation quandary? I'm looking
for the value of the fieldname..

It is stored two layers deep here...

First..  the field name is stored in a variable(currentitem)..
then evaluate(currentitem)= Item quantity in cart.
This works unless the field name contains a '-'.     If it does..  the
evaluate statement treats it as a math equation and can't find the value of
only part of the variable name.

I'm thinking parhaps something like <cfset
currentvalue=shoppingcartitem_"#currentitem#" or something like that..
parhaps..
Any Ideas?

-Zine