Thanks for your response Jim

LOL,   I know..    definitely odd..     I appreciate you responding.

there are no CFX tags at all..   The only outside resource it uses is the
Database.

It also uses some of the CGI variables and verifies they are not null(or a
zero length string) before using them...
If I check the CGI variable   Http_host several times..   is it going to
cause DLLHOST to shoot up?   Perhaps DLLHOST is providing that information
to JRUN?..

Is there any way that that request that is running behind the scenes..
could be how CFMX stores a cached query?     Just a thought..

Recent news:
I removed the CFFORM tag in one page on the application..  and I am now
relying on the ColdFusion isnumeric() function..  to test and make sure that
the value is numeric.

It seems to be running better..      It was definitely causing the NULL
Pointer JVM error..     I have since(removing it[cfform])..   not seen any
of the java.lang.NullPointer errors in the exception.log file.

That's good news at least..             and..  at least it is now stable..
Still..   DLLHOST shoots up..   now and then..     but it doesn't hold the
processor at 100% for several minutes like it did yesterday(causing the CF
overload).   Perhaps the <CFFORM> tag has some problems?

Thanks again

-Zine