If you want to see what can be done with Flash for stocks/trading, you
should have a look to this app :
http://marketrac.nyse.com/mt/

I think it is Flash5 based... pretty impressive...
It should be even faster if it was done with FlashMX.

The example always shown by MM is the E*Trade stock quote widget.
https://us.etrade.com/e/t/invest?traxui=F_HV ("flashlet" on the right)

There is a small sample applications in DRK1 called "Stock Services Library"
that allow you to easily retrieve and display historical stock information
within Macromedia Flash MX :
http://www.macromedia.com/software/drk/productinfo/product_overview/volume1/
additional_resources.html#1
http://www.macromedia.com/software/drk/productinfo/product_overview/volume1/
flash_remote_article.html

I haven't seen the java applet from scotttrader.com but a Flash-based app
should definitely offer a much better end results (portability, UI,
experience...).

Benoit Hediard
www.benorama.com

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.