Ok, I see what you mean...it really comes down to CF's lack of
event's then, not CF's lack of ability to separate UI from logic.
If you count Flash as CF's UI layer though...an argument could be made
that it does have events though.
CF > Flash > Event > Web Service > CF > Flash > UI change...whew :)

I'm all for CF getting an event model...and for going full OO too, but
that may be some time in coming.

--
 jon
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

ksc> No, actually with your model (and Jon's) this is somewhat possible (it'd be
somehat annoying to differentiate between two textboxes on the same page, for
instance).

ksc> What I'm saying is that there's no way for CF to change the textbox after the
user requests a page and CF sees the tag and renders it (since in CF, this is one
action) but before it delivers it
ksc> to the user.

ksc> Actually, this might be possible.  You'd have to somehow get the stream from the
underlying page renderer, and modify it.  Or you could somehow override when CF sees a
tag.  Yikes.  I'm not sure
ksc> when you'd be able to do this in a CF template.

ksc> Also, in ASP.NET, you can add controls at runtime.  Not sure how you'd be able to
do this in CF, without having something on the presentation layer to specify where the
control belongs (and even
ksc> then, you'd only ever be able to place the control there).

ColdFusion and related topics.