Hi everyone,

Running CFMX6.1 on production.
Pretty cool, except for one thing : each time we stop CFMX Service, there is
no way to restart it except with a complete reboot of the server.
We got the famous "The ColdFusion MX Application Server service terminated
with service-specific error 2." in the windows event log.

I found the following technotes :
http://www.macromedia.com/support/coldfusion/ts/documents/cfmx61_startup_tim
ing.htm
But it only concerns restart problem on reboot on slow machine (which is not
our problem, the server restart completely in less than 2 minutes, with CFMX
on).
The problem only occurs when we stop and try to re-start the service.
We also add the problem during the install of CFMX6.1 upgrade (and after a
reboot is was fine).

Our config :
- Win2000 SP4
- CFMX 6.1 Standard
- Apache 2.0.47
We run the ColdFusion Service under a specific user account "coldfusion"
(any specific rights required?).
We have the exact same config on our staging server and it works well.

Can't find anything in the logs.
The problem is that I can't play much with parameters, trial and errors
because this is our main production app server...

What is the difference between a CFMX service start after reboot and a CFMX
service re-start?
What could be the reason of this behaviour?
Probably an error in the config of the server.

Thanks.

Benoit Hediard

http://www.coolfusion.com