Tried to post via the web interface, but no luck...

Anyway, I said thanks for clearing that up. A lady in my cfug asked me
about it because she said she heard from a very respected CF guru to go
out and look at the depracated tags and that she found cfquery on the
list.

So, I decided to go out there and check it out, but read the top of the
page:

<quote>

Deprecated tags, attributes, and values
The following tags, attributes, and attribute values are deprecated. Do
not use them in ColdFusion applications. They might not work, and might
cause an error, in releases later than ColdFusion MX.
</quote>
and saw cfquery on the list it kinda freaked me out.

Candace K. Cottrell, Web Developer
The Children's Medical Center
One Children's Plaza
Dayton, OH 45404