On Tuesday, Sep 9, 2003, at 16:22 US/Pacific, Dan O'Keefe wrote:
>> PowerBooks are awesome development machines!
> What advantages do you think they have over WIN based. What about
> homesite and the other MX product line?

Barney +1.

I never got used to HomeSite on Windows so I don't miss it on Mac. I
use DWMX (actually I'm running DWMX 2004 and loving it!).

I have CT2 / DWMX2004 / FHMX / FL2004Pro / FWMX2004 all installed and
they all work well. I also have both JRun 4 and Tomcat installed as app
servers with (various versions of) CFMX running on both. I also have a
developer edition of Oracle 9iR2 (free for Mac) and Apache. So I have a
replica of our production environment on my laptop which is very useful.

For me, having a full-blown Unix system on my laptop is one of the key
benefits: I can download and build pretty much any Open Source project,
I can develop locally any aspect of the systems I need to deploy to
production.

Unix, but with the comfort of all the usual desktop GUI apps.

Sean A Corfield -- http://www.corfield.org/blog/

-- Margaret Atwood