Do Flash and CF handle dates differently?

I have a CFC that has this function:

<cffunction name="qryGetArticlesExp" access="remote"
returntype="query">
    <cfquery name="qryGetArticlesExp" datasource="#Request.DSN#">
     SELECT *
     FROM
      Articles
     WHERE
     Articles.ArticleExpDate >= <cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_date"
value="#DateFormat(Now(),'m/d/yyyy')#">
     ORDER BY Articles.ArticleStartDate DESC
    </cfquery>
    <cfreturn qryGetArticlesExp>
</cffunction>

This works fine on the .cfm page, but in my Flash remoting movie, the
articles show up ASC instead. When I take of the DESC, the flash one is
correct (newest articles first) but the .cfm page is ordered
incorrectly. Please help!!

Candace K. Cottrell, Web Developer
The Children's Medical Center
One Children's Plaza