I wrote a java class that uses Blowfish encryption and use the class in my
cold fusion pages via cfobject or cfscript tags.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffry Houser [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 9:58 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Blowfish Encryption in ColdFusion

Hi All,

  I hope someone has a potential solution.  I'm working with a client.  We
need to pass an encrypted string to one of their vendors.  The vendor
specified the encryption method (Blowfish) along with the key (aka
passphrase) and an initialization vector (an 8 character string).

  After some research I came upon 3 options for Blowfish encryption in
ColdFusion:

  CFX_Enigma <http://www.cftagstore.com/index.cfm/page/viewtag/tagId/57>
.  This was our first choice, and they went ahead and bought it.  It only
accepts "Java Long Integer" for the initialization vector.  The tag spits
up on our string.  I e-mailed the developer, but haven't heard anything
back.

  cfX_crypt from the developer exchange:
<http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?view=sn131&extID=10005
52#view=sn106&viewName=Exchange%20Search%20Details&loc=en_us&authorid=353425
81&page=0&scrollPos=0&subcatid=0&snid=sn106&itemnumber=0&extid=1003421&catid
=0&extID=1000552>.
I couldn't get CF to find the tag at all.  Not sure why, I've never had a
problem installing custom tags before.

  cf_encrypt from the developer exchange:

<http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?view=sn131&extID=10005
52#loc=en_us&view=sn131&extID=1000552&viewName=ColdFusion%20Extension&avm=1>

.  This one we decided against because there is no way to get
support.  (The web-site link on the page is dead).

  So, my first question would be:  Are there any other CF-based options?
  The second question would be, where do I look next?  Are there any good
resources out there for this type of thing?

--
Jeffry Houser, Web Developer <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Aaron Skye, Guitarist / Songwriter <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

  _____