Our application allows users to upload a list - a list of addresses in this
case. We expect certain fields to be there (obviously!).

What I am doing right now is:

Upload the list
Run a query against it (text DSN) and get the columns
Compare the columns to expected column list variable

I am wondering if there is a better or a more elegant way.

Related to this, we are also anticipating issues with users uploading wrong
file types, let's say .XLS instead of .TXT. Has anyone run accross a list
management/upload product (a custom tag or CFX) that deals with this and
above situations?

Thanks!