From: Andy Peterson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 2:56 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Blackstone - Toronto CFUG notes

Dharmesh Wrote:
> Printing:
> - <cfdocument>
> - create pdf and flash paper + others in future - rtf, excel, doc
> - page break, headers, page numbers etc <cfdocumentitemtype>
> - font management system using the administrator. Using pdf feature to
> embed fonts in pdf documents
> - great for most web pages out there currently...i.e., imperfect html
>
> - <cfreport>
> - deliver reports in pdf and flash with all the groupings, sortings,
> drill down
> - add on component to dreamweaver??? To write reports with all the CF
> functionality. This schema is saved as an xslt sheet that is called
> upon by the cfreport tag

OK, wait a minute! I've been looking for a reliable alternative to Crystal Reports for a long, long time. Am I reading this correctly? I'd like nothing better (in my world of programming) than to never have to deal with Crystal again. Really :-) If I can get a formatted report (with groupings, sortings, page numbers, etc), it would save me days of troubleshooting and issue resolution. I know there are "Create PDFs on the Fly" alternatives out there now, but those that I have tried have left me almost as frustrated as Crystal itself.

Any more info on this (screen prints, etc w/o violating NDA) greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
&Roo