From: Pete Freitag [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 10:53 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Memory Issues

Christian Watt wrote:

> What is the default setting for the -XX:ParallelGCThreads and
what
> increments should I try increasing these?

Look at section 4.1 and 4.2 of
http://www.petefreitag.com/articles/gctuning/

"By default the throughput collector uses the number of CPU's as
its value for number of GC threads."

I would increment by 1's, keeping in mind that you may cause
more overhead than your saving by increasing this value. I probably
wouldn't go much past 2x number of CPU's