Asim,
1) You do not need to worry about sending 25000 messages at once.  I
ship between 700,000-900,000 every month.  The main thing is to not have
cf spool the messages.  As of 6.1 you can set cf to send the message
directly to your mail server.  I have quite a bit of logic and radius
lookups, but we average around 1,000 email a min.

2) In order to see which ones fail, you have to choices, both of which
should be used.
A. make the reply address a mailbox nobody checks, then use cfpop to
access that mail box and parse through the email, what you can not
automate recording, have that forward to someone.  You want to look for
things like 'mail box full', undeliverable, on vacation, I can go on and
on, but you can send it, start looking at the messages through a reader,
then build your page as you go.  Run the parser, then look to see what
you didn't get.  Personally, I use Perl for this.  I get much better
performance than using cfpop.

B.Use a mail server that will log failed deliveries.  I use Mail Engine
from Lyris, but you are looking at between $7k-$8k.  There are others
out there, but they will record to a text file or db during the smtp
communication that a message failed.  You can set up some server that
won't log to a db to send a message also, then you simply parse that box
as above.

The main thing to remember is that some mail will fail during the
initial send, others you won't know until their mail server tries to
process the message.  This will happen if they have a gateway mail
server that simply receives email for a particular domain, then tries to
forward it on to mail server that actually knows who has a mail box and
it's status.

Hope this helps.

Christian