Well, I know one way that you won't get it back. It's to uncheck "Save
Class Files*" in the CF Admin. However, I'd like to know how to
*really* fix this (have the classes be saved in the normal spot under
cfusion's WEB-INF directory, not in my Web root(s)).

I posted a bug to MM, but I don't know what becomes of those. In the
meantime, we've set an apache rule to restrict Web access to the
otherwise publicly accessible class files.

Thanks for confirming the issue, Gav.

Jamie

*When you select this option, the class files generated by ColdFusion
are saved to disk for reuse after the server restarts. Macromedia
recommends this for production systems. During development, Macromedia
recommends that you do not select this option.