That part is unlikely ever to change, as there are already third party
solutions which get the job done more efficiently.  This type of
functionality is very specific, and since there is no incentive to add
anything like this (read: no one makes any money) as well as it being
inherently difficult to globalize throughout browserland, I think the
implementation is best left to third party software.

Andy