From: Steve Brownlee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: April 11, 2005 16:14
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Building Applications for multiple DB's

All I can say is... My condolensces.

Making an application database independent is an extremely daunting and
time-consuming task.  There is no easy way to do it.  Since each database
engine has many different rules, procedures and operations, you basically
end up having to write all of the SQL again for each DB you want to support.
The only way around this is to write your original SQL to adhere to the most
basic ANSI standard - which is also hard to do because you then lose the
support for the some of the functionality in the DB you originally wrote it
for.

Have a long and serious discussion with the powers that be at your place if
the massive amount of time and effort (a.k.a. money) needed to make your CMS
db independent will ever be realized in profits from sales.