> > Now, tell me, anybody, please, maybe I am just uneducated in the
> > matter. Give me three innovations by Adobe this century.
> > I may settle for two. Oh, and standard product releases don't count
> > (that's just a response to user suggestions).
> >
> > A company that has delivered solid products (don't get me wrong, I
> > like PDF's) a long time ago, and has failed to capitalize on their
> > success has made a wise decision to acquire MM.
>
> Actually, there are quite a few innovations within the PDF
> file format itself, such as revision tracking and digital
> signatures. Don't discount these sorts of things - they're a
> big deal; very useful and innovative within the world of
> document management.
>
> Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
> http://www.figleaf.com/

Yeah, I can attest to this.  Digital signatures and watermarking, in
addition to formfield filling have been a boon to a few of our clients in
the medical and drug testing industries.  The encryption and watermarking of
highly sensitive data in PDF documents in addition to the easy-to-use PDF
format has gone a long way in this area.

Andy