From: Dwayne Cole [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Mon 5/2/2005 11:26 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: CFMX: Dissed by Breeze and FlashLite?

As I've said or implied for more than 3 years on this list.

COLDFUSION NEEDS A NEW OWNER.   Point Blank.

I rate there management of the product line over the last few years as an B.

It's clear that there are way more Macromedia Guys in the Board Rooms and
server as Business Unit Directors.  I still now people running on off
Coldfusion 4.5 and 5.0.  That's totally Macromedias Fault and RIA has been
around for a minute.

They promised that CF developers will have easier tools to integrate with Flash
but what did we get.  Flex.  I still have to learn Flash to build any kind of
stunning RIA.

Now hear we are more than 3 years after the big RIA push.  I said on this list
that CF developers would deliver the RIA revolution before the Flash
"desigerners" and flash "animators".  And I was right.  If RIA delivered what
they thought they would not be Adobe now.  Cool tools, steap learning curves,
and little skills are transferable.

Lets face it the number of the shelf cfc components that work with flash is
really, really slim compare to the old Allair Exchange site.

Just my 2 cent.

Dwayne Cole