All:

In case anyone was curious, I believe I've discovered the source of this
problem.  Apparently, at the same time the web host switched DB drivers,
they also began recycling one of the ODBC services every hour.  The
recycling appears to have been the culprit.  Ever since they stopped
recycling the service (this morning), I have yet to receive another
notification of this problem (and I was receiving several each hour).

So there you go.

Thanks for the help.

--
Mosh Teitelbaum