From: Bryan Stevenson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 4:19 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Using CF Variables Returned from a SQL Query

No No No....that's not what I said ;-)

OK....the stepped approach ;-)

assumptions:
-MyField is the anme of the field that conatins the CF vars -MyVar is the
name of one of the CF vars contained in MyField

1) retrieve data

2) output the query

3) while outputting the query you:
-EVALUATE the value of MyVar  <cfset MyVarValue = Evaluate("MyVar")>
-REPLACE the string #MyVar# (in MyField) with it's value <cfset MyNewField =
ReplaceNoCase(MyField,"#MyVar#",MyVarValue,"ALL")>
-use MyNewField as your output instead of the raw MyField

All you did was replace a string with another string (even though it looked
like a var).  You have to replace the string with the evaluated value of the
variable.

<cfoutput query="MyQuery">
  <cfset MyVarValue = Evaluate("MyVar")>
  <cfset MyNewField = ReplaceNoCase(MyField,"#MyVar#",MyVarValue,"ALL")>
  #MyNewField #
</cfoutput>

Hope that clears it up ;-)

Cheers