>>This is also a good way to avoid popup blocker blues.

I solved this problem with a "pop up enabled test" on the admin login.
If pop ups are not allowed, the user is sent to a page that explain how
to allow them
at least for the domain thay are working for.
Don't forget that the CMS is intended to administrators only, and one
can ask administrators
to use a fully functionnal browser. The also need Javascript enabled
anyway, so...

 >>Also, you ever work
 >>with a user who just can't figure out where the editing window went,
and all
 >>the time, it was behind the page window?

Some focus() on some events is the cure.

The most important is to be able to resize the editor window to fit
reality, especially if you have several
aditable areas in the same form.