I agree with you totally on the format. There are several ideas within
the W3 for a new format, and they are more or less the direct result of
RSS being to leverage complex data.

However, I do think this is not an issue with missing a standard. It is
the issue of a SOAP standard not being supported0. We can introduce
numerous of new standards, but it in the end it all comes down to the
vendors supporting it.

Even then, I don't think you need standards for everything. There are
numerous options in providing your applications with non standardized
data but that involves manual work just like the good old days.

Micha Schopman
Project Manager

Modern Media, Databankweg 12 M, 3821 AL  Amersfoort
Tel 033-4535377, Fax 033-4535388
KvK Amersfoort 39081679, Rabo 39.48.05.380

-----
Modern Media, Making You Interact Smarter. Onze oplossingen verbeteren
de interactie met uw doelgroep.
Wilt u meer omzet, lagere kosten of een beter service niveau? Voor meer
informatie zie www.modernmedia.nl
-----