From: Matt Robertson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 7:22 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: OT: Backup solution for small business?

On 8/25/05, Tim Laureska <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> One other option Dirk.... just build a DOS based backup .bat script

I did that for years before I switched to SyncBack. Run something like
this
for each drive:

q:
cd\
d:
cd d:\backup\q
xcopy q:*.* /s /e /c /r /y /d
cd\

The first time you run it the thing takes forever cuz its copying
*everything*. Subsequent runs 'freshen' the existing backup. The
drawback to
doing a DOS-based backup, though, is the above will not account for
deleted
files. The deleted files slowly accumulate on the backup and waste more
and
more space. My solution at the time was to, periodically, bite the
bullet
and make a completely new backup set rather than freshening the old one.

Definitely not the same as a true file synch, now that I'm doing that
these
days.

--
--mattRobertson--