The stuff on exchange isn't necessarily free either.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Guill [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 8:28 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: COAL- the Coldfusion Open Application Library

On 8/29/05, Snake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think your reinventing the wheel here.
>
> There is already the macromedia developers exchange, and cflib.org to
> name but two free repository of reusable coldfusion code.
>
> Snake

Snake, I think youre missing the idea here.  It is not only to have a
repository of free code for developers but to package it into a framework
thats very usable at any time, and can start to standardize some of the
code, to keep you from having to reinvent the wheel.

On your note though, I have never really like macromedia developers
exchange, mostly because I cant find anything on there that I need or want,
and because their interface for searching and browsing the exchange is hard
to use IMO.

But the CFLib.org libraries are included in COAL by default.  Again the idea
is not only to put this code out there and available, but to package it in
such a way that its very easy to plug it in and start playing from any
application.
--
Ryan Guill
BlueEyesDevelopment