Am I the only one that thinks that the fact that CFMX can't install on an
updated Windows 2k3 server a problem?

-----Original Message-----
From: S. Isaac Dealey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, September 05, 2005 7:53 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: ColdFusion Installation - more FREAKING JNDI problems

Thanks Mike, that fixed it. :)

I'd seen the other technote but it didn't look to me from the description of
it not being able to write some files that my problem was being described,
so I hadn't bothered to check the workaround at the bottom. When you
suggested it I went ahead and tried it anyway, but it didn't help.
Uninstalling SP1 did work -- oddly, I couldn't get the CF Admin to load in a
browser until I'd reinstalled SP1.
Frustrating, but at least it's set up now... now I'm dealing with a totally
different problem, trying to set up an MSDE server on that machine and not
having any luck... I was able to get it installed once but then couldn't
connect to it with anything (MS SQL Enterprise Manager, CF, ODBC) except a
3rd party tool called MSDE Manager (from WhiteBear I think it was)... Good
to know the thing was working, but completely unhelpful if I can't connect
to it with CF... So I uninstalled it to try again and now I can't get it
reinstalled...
<sigh>... just another day in freaking nothing works as advertised land...

> do you have SP1 installed already?  If so, uninstall CF and uninstall
> SP1 and run the installer again.  Then reapply SP1.

> There's a known installer error w/ SP1 on 2k3

> later,
> Mike

> S. Isaac Dealey wrote:
>> Why is it that the JNDI listen port is ALWAYS the problem that
>> prevents CF from installing? ... I've got a new Win2003 server I'm
>> trying to install my CF server on and I can't get the webserver
>> connector to find the listen port... I've checked to make sure there
>> isn't a firewall, proxy or anti-virus affecting it, and there
>> isn't...
>> I've manually configured the JNDI listen port and executed the
>> connector from the command line and still nothing.
>>
>> So in lieu of that, I've tried to manually connect it by manually
>> adding the .cfm and .cfc mappings in IIS to
>> (C:\CFusionMX7\runtime\lib\wsconfig\jrunwin32.dll). I'm able to get
>> an index.htm file in web root via a browser, but trying to get a .cfm
>> file in the same directory produces a 404 error...
>>
>> I'm at my wit's end.

s. isaac dealey     954.522.6080
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with