I guess I was confused because I had downloaded Flex1.5 and was playing with
that a little bit before I read all the Flex 2 alpha "hooplah".

So I was basically looking for the Flex 2 equivalent of the Flex1.5 server.
But there is none yet.  As you said, basically you compile the Flex code into
an SWF which you can just plonk in your webroot.

So will the Enterprise Services be similar to what I was thinking of Flex1.5?