> The reason I ask, is that I just implemented some statistics facility
> on some of my customers sites. This will count all hits, including
those
> from robots, so I'd like to be able to discriminates visitors hits
from
> others.

One way is to use an image in your page that is actually a cfm file. Use
the cfm file to track stats (pass in query string info to specify what
page you're looking at). You can use JS to load the image, which will
block bots but also drop the fraction of users with JS disabled.

Not sure what happens if you embed the image directly. Presumably Google
will get counted due to its image search functionality. But perhaps
others won't??