> Well after browsing this thread I thought if it would be possible to
> connect the submit button to an XMLHttpRequest which triggers a
> session var for the starting of the upload and after processing the
> upload you take another timestamp and could calculate with that.
> Stupid idea?

No, I was going to respond to Dave's email with this same idea.  I also like
the idea of that flash upload app that was mentioned in this same thread.
It requires version 8 of the player, though, so if you were in a controlled
environment where you could specify the version to your users then you'd get
very accurate results on the upload time.  I know there are other controls
available to handle this, too, but I've never used any of them.

Andy