Hello all,

Up until recently, I¹ve been using a setup to email me any exception
reports, with cfdumps of all of the interesting scopes.  It¹s helpful, but
as I rework my app I¹ve building in a bug tracking function. Right now, when
the onError method in application.cfc is called, it:

1. checks to see if the same page has generated an error and has an open
ticket
2. if not, creates a new ticket
3. if a ticket exists, it appends the current error to the ticket.

What I¹d like to do is take all the good stuff cfdump provides and include
it in the bug report.  That way I can pull up all the open exceptions and
read the error at my leisure, and NOT email it out.  I can¹t seem to figure
out a way to do this.  I tried something like this:

<cfquery datasource=²#db#²>
Insert into tblTroubleTickets (orgid, description, blah blah,,.....) values
(#orgid#, Œ<cfdump var=²#exception#²>¹, blah blah....)
</cfquery>

Unfortunately, it seems that putting the cfdump inside the sql query creates
some horrible problems, and the record never gets created.  Has anyone tried
this?  Is there a way to easily do it that I¹m just missing?

Thanks,

Charles