Hello Everyone,

I am trying to make a small data entry screen in ColdFusion. There are five
columns in the table. Number of rows is dynamically generated with the first
column automatically filled in. Others have to be filled in by a user. When
the user submits the form, each row is inserted in a database as a new row.

I have not done a form submission until now that updates multiple rows. I
hope you can help me with the basic logic involved in this. My guess would
be to insert the data from the form into a 2 dimensional Array and then loop
over the array while inserting into the database. How do I insert it into an
array and proceed from there?

CH1             CH2             CH3             CH4             CH5
---------
Field1          Field2          Field3          Field4          Field5
Field1          Field2          Field3          Field4          Field5
Field1          Field2          Field3          Field4          Field5
Field1          Field2          Field3          Field4          Field5

Field1 is auto populated with a query result.

Thank you,

Dharmesh Goel
Programmer Analyst
IT Dept. - Discount Car & Truck Rentals