Yes, that would be an option.  It's not like you couldn't also hit an HTML
or other page that is not processed by CF as well.  You could even send the
request with a basic AJAX http request.

I would call Foundry Networks though, and explain to them what is happening
and what you want to happen, if you haven't already.

Andy