> There is no reasonable, practical way I am aware of to restart - after
> the point of failure - a cfmail call right in the middle of itself,
> such as when a bad email address is found in the middle of a query
> result set.  As a result of that, you run your query as normal.  Then
> run a cfloop over the result set.  Inside the loop you have a
> try/catch block where inside the try is your cfmail call, which is
> only trying to send to queryName.emailAddress[currentRow].  Your catch
> block safely handles failure recovery if you find a bad address inside
> of the loop and allows the loop to continue.

The flip-side to this argument is strict data validation.  This method won't
catch an invalid email address; just a malformed one, but of course neither
will data validation.  If you don't allow malformed addresses to begin with,
you can use the query attribute.  If email addresses are allowed to be
blank, then the best way to handle that would be a NULL in the address
field, and a query that only selects rows that don't have NULL email
addresses.

Of course, that's all in a perfect world I suppose.

Andy